Skip to main content

Two Warband Games in a night!

Graham had asked to try Warband, and had plumped for Undead, requesting as many skeletons as I could muster, whereas I took my new Minotaurs.

Graham's Undead
Vampire Lord 1D6+1, with Powerful, Regenerate and Skirmish
Necromancer D6
3 x skeleton warriors with Regenerate and Skirmish
1 x Skeletal Riders with Skirmish and Regenerate
1 x Skeletal Chariot
1 x Dire Wolves.

My Minotaurs
Minotaur Lord  D6+1
Minotaur Shamen D6-1
3 x Minotaur Warriors
1 x Centaur Knights, with Fierce, Impetuous and Powerful
1 x Centaur Warriors
1 x Centaur Archers with Parting Shot

Game 1: Grudge match - generals gain fierce and impetuous.
Basically, we went for it, flank attack each, and charge! That didn't go well! Graham's riders and Dire Wolves chewed my Centaur warriors to pieces, one Minotaur refused to move. Graham managed to get a flank charge in on my Minotaur Lord, then frontally hit him with his Vampire Lord. Despite 7 dice of saves, two flank support attacks and all the dice I could throw at him; he lasted two turns before Graham won!



Wolves and Riders cause me a lot of trouble as my Centaur Warriors rout and he continues into my Knights!


My Lord in no end of trouble!


I was pushed back to the edge of the table.


Game 2: Though The Fog
I got lucky, my forces all arrived at the same point. Graham had one group of three in my sector, his wolves and knights spread out into the far sector, and then his group of his Necromancer, his chariots and his Vampire Lord had rolled a 5! So, off to the far corner they went, hopefully keeping them out of the fight while I had overwhelming numbers.

The deployment, Graham's Vampire went that-a-way! -->


Without the clutter!

Yeah, great plan, when the Vampire Lord moves 2 base widths, boosted by the Necromancer to give three, of which he passed 2 motivations (40cm) and then passed 3 more boosted moves (60cm extra), so, 1 metre of fast Vampire Lord and Chariots! He was back in the game, and charging my Shamen!

"HOW THE HECK DID HE GET THERE!"


I threw in my Lord to try and counter this, but he was bounced, repeatedly,  caused 3 wounds on Graham's Lord, but it cost me dear, I fought until he broke. The Shamen broke soon after, meaning I was in trouble.

BOING!


Try again, five dice from a charge can't fail, can it?


I had broken bones of Skeleton Warriors with my Minotaurs, the Centaur archers were pinning and sniping the third warriors and the necromancer when he came back into range. The Centaurs, who had exacted their revenge on the wolves from the last game, a unit of warriors had seen off Graham's riders too.

See how we run!


Against the Vampire Lord who had just seen of my General and Mage (so no extra dice there) A unit of Minotaur Warriors stepped in, but were pushed back to the edge of the table, where the Vampire Lord's Powerful, combined with the table edge meant no save, and the Warriors perished, but he held long enough for my Centaur warriors to charge him in the rear and break his Lord. This led to a mutual destruction between the two forces.



So, still not won a game! 😉

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The random miniatures in my lead pile thread

Hi all, As the months go on, I am finding more random stuff that does not fit into any catagory is creeping it's way up to the surface of my lead mountain. I decided a few years back, rather than just throw it back like one of Nobby's escaped socks, I would actually paint some of them.   Nemisis the Warlock - Khaos; Deadlock; the Warlock; the Shape of Things to Come; the Lord of the Flies; Holder of the Sword Sinister; The Death Bringer One of my all-time favourite 2000AD characters (2000AD is a British sci-fi based comic for those not from the fair shores of Blighty). "Creedo!" I got hold of two of these on Evil Bay, one uncommon (yellow base rim), one rare (red base rim), so I trashed the rare one (and kept the base elsewhere). This is a simple conversion of a heroclix figure,  Excessus, Sword Sinister replaced, base ripped off and new one sculpted, undercoated figure,  completly  repainted, flying stem attached. Sometimes, you just need a seri

15mm By The Fire and Sword Transylvanians commission.

Principality of Transylvania ( those ones , not those ones , get your mind out the gutter). Batch 4:- Ten more bases of Transylvanians (so thirty figures) for Manny, this time Comitatus or heavy household troops. Heavy lancers. A lot more colourful than the light horse. As ever, Manny will do his own basing and add flags later. Lots of cloaks Quite a sizable force Batch 3: 30 extra Transylvanian light horse for Manny Not as bright as others, but these are lower order troops. Advance Lots of hairy cavalry As ever, Manny will base these himself. That way lads! Player's eye view At the trot The force, so far (there's still have a bag of blisters to do) Batch 2: As ever, Manny will add the flags and his own basing at his leisure. 12 bases of household levy lancers (36 figures, not sure how many units that equates to) for the 15mm Transylvanians. Only realised whe

Medieval Scots - A replacement army - second set of three spear units added

I  have, after much soul searching (no I could not find mine either), decided that I really should stretch my Pictish spearmen a whole 1000 years. 300ish to 1300 ish, so really stretching the whole Pict-morph-thing now. So 10mm to replace the fallen over the winter, this will be fun ( 18 months later, and summer is on the way and I finally started them ) This means a restart and finish with my Scots army back where I started with them for DBM, a successful army, but before MeG came out I had not touched them in 10 years, then I sold my 15mm version of them in 2014 (and then were instantly stolen from my late friend's car).  So, back to the 1300s version. 1315 to be exact. A project I've been putting off for years, but now I have started the Medieval Scots spearmen from c.1315 with Pendraken figures and flags . Got this lot finished just in time for this weekend's MeG tournement. More Scots spears and the generals Another 25